WordPress is an online system to allow you to create websites. It is flexible and relatively easy to learn. If you get more technically skilled you can alter it one a more flexible level. It’s also easy to move your websites from one place to another. All of these reasons make it a good choice if you want to learn to make your own website or blog.
The host of this website building group will be Mick Chesterman who is a tech teacher and has also written a manual on WordPress.
- Friday 5th Nov – 10.30 – 12.00
- Friday 12th Nov – 10.30 – 12.00
- Friday 19th Nov – 10.30 – 12.00
- Friday 26th Nov – 10.30 – 12.00
This is an informal set of workshops. We will work at the same time to improve the website of the Todmorden Makery – which is a WordPress one.
You will also work on a website as you go along as a way of learning. This may be a real project or just a test bed to practice your skills in a hands on way.
A lot of each week will be spent trying things out and working independently or in small groups on your websites. But each week we will have a special focus on one particular element of setting up a word press site. Including the following.
- Creating (blog) posts and adding Images and Links to them
- Creating Information Pages and Navigation Menus
- Altering the look of your site by changing themes and adding header images.
- Using Widgets, calendars and other media.
Project Status: Confirmed and booking in progress
Project Outcome: A club of people who know more about WordPress and building websites
Is this club a project you would be interested in coming to? If so fill out the form below.