There are plenty of ways you can help out at the Makery. Here are just a few ideas.
- Drop-in host: No technical skills needed, just people skills Could you welcome people into our open drop-in sessions, make them a brew, let them know what activities are available and make them feel at home? If so, we need you
- Drop-in supporter: Would you, could you help people with any of the following (training provided) – getting logged on to computers, getting started on sewing machines and generally finding and choosing the right tool for the job. It’s a great way to pick up new skills. Let us know if you could help.
- Project volunteer: We have a lots of repairing, reusing and refurbishing projects. Some are listed here but there are many more. We can give you a bit of training to get you started.
- Specialist drop-in or workshop volunteer: Perhaps you have an art, craft or repairing skill you could pass on to others? You might even fancy running a one-off workshop or short course. Even if you can only spare a couple of hours every now and then at a drop-in, let us know.
- Makery or Tool Library member: If none of the above applies, you can still help the project by becoming a Makery member or joining the Tool Library and spreading the word.
- And donations are always welcome – whether that’s money, time or skills. Have a look at our Support us page.
Our drop-in sessions
It’d be great to see you regularly, but if you can only help once in a while, that’s fantastic too. You could even share time-slot with another volunteer.
Making decisions and getting together
Every few months, volunteers meet to make decisions around how we communicate what the Makery’s doing and what’s needed to run the drop-ins and member sessions. There are notes from the last ones here
Also make sure you’ve been added to the firstname.lastname@example.org group.
Becoming a Makery member
If you just want to come in and use the workshop and equipment to get on with your own projects, then come along. As well as the open drop-in sessions, we also have members’ sessions for people who know what they want to get on with without too much support. Becoming a member has lots of other benefits too. Find out more here.
Find out more
Want to know more? Just want a chat about things? Email us at todmordenmakery @ gmail.com or pop down to a drop-in. Sign up for our updates too.