(As you know) Todmorden Makery is starting up as a community workshop for repairing and making of many kinds. We are getting up and running with drop-ins and projects starting in mid to late September. We are running a starting session for volunteers so they know what’s going on.
Monday 13th of September from 1-3pm at the Makery Workshop in Todmorden College
What’s this for?
This get together is to get to know other volunteers, to share info and get your input into some of the following elements of upcoming drop-in and members sessions;
- What are the most exciting things about the project and how can we share them?
- What tools and equipment are available for people to use and when?
- How we will make decisions about equipment needed in the workshop
- How we will work with volunteers and members to gather and respond to feedback from members and user of the space
- How we support volunteers if there are tricky situations in drop-ins or to do with anything
We have sent this invitation to those who have been involved or interested as a volunteer for the Makery or in the repair cafe so far. The meeting is by invitation but please let us know if you think there is someone else we should invite.
This session will be partly social too and a chance to see what progress has been made and what equipment is available to use.
Mick Chesterman and Viv Slack*
*NB: Viv is supporting us in this phase as we work out how to organise as a community
Find out more about different volunteer roles here – https://todmordenmakery.org.uk/volunteering-at-the-makery
Sign up to be a volunteer using this form here